06.28.13

SWEET SUMMER
Completing your summer looks, what is your go-to accessory?
My absolute favourite accessory is my Chanel oversized sunglasses! I can't leave the house without them. They were an investment but i know they'll last a lifetime! 

What are your current fashion cravings for your summer wardrobe?
Boyfriend jeans, mint tote bag and more dresses!

Who is your current fashion inspiration?
This is a really tough question for me as i have so many and I more so look to them for business inspiration. But if i had to narrow it down I would pick two very inspirational women, Chanel and Tory Burch. They are both extremely inspiring business women who endured it all and have come out on top. I love what their brands represent, I love the clothing they have created for women and the strength they had/have in this industry.

Your perfect summer day would look like...
Taking off to the lake with my hubby and friends and boating all day. Skiing, tubing, cliff jumping and soaking up the sun!
What is your summer go-to outfit?
(Pictured in photographs)
My summer go to is typically one of two types of dresses: a maxi or a shift dress! For this shoot I chose my ever so versatile black strapless maxi from Mad About Style (here) It's so easy to wear, it's comfy and can be transitioned from day to night. I paired it with my new favourite Towne & Reese necklace (here) and my monogrammed 'N' necklace also custom ordered from Mad About Style (here). My nude, low  Sam Edelmen wedges are my summer go-to shoe since spotting them while I was vacationing. They are amazingly comfortable and chic all at the same time! I also can't go anywhere without a large tote since my life weighs 50 pounds I need a massive bag to hold it! That's why I can't go anywhere without my oversized Tory Burch tote, this baby will be with me for life!! 

If you could have it all, your summer splurge would be...a lake house in BC...but let's get real. My summer fashion splurge would be a tote bag from Tory Burch, preferably mint coloured! 

What is your favourite summer drink?
My new favourite drink is a strawberry basil martini! It's light and fresh! I grew some basil in my garden this year just for that drink..It's a MUST try! But my must have to get me through a hot work day is a green tea lemonade from Starbucks. 
What are the essentials in your summer hand/beach bag?
Sunnies for sure...sometimes even a couple of options! You never know where you're heading after the lake and which outfit you'll be sporting. Magazines for research, and my  make-up case that holds lip gloss, perfume and anything to freshen up after a hot day in the sun! Lastly, my IPhone which never leaves my side...I have a problem/ addiction to Instagram! 

How would you describe your style for this season?
I'm going to make up my own style word and say that it's 'effortless chic'. I love easy fabrics and cuts that can be thrown on yet look fabulous! Hence my shift dress addiction. It's even better when i can add a great shoe or jewels to amp it up a bit more! 

The song we will hear you blaring (while singing) in your car with the windows down this summer?
Oh that's such a tough one! I have a few...for sure Robin Thicke "Blurred Lines" and anything country. I'm a sucker for country and even more so in the summer! 

Do you love any particular activities come summertime?
I love being on the water, it's the only place that I'm truly relaxed and can forget about my (endless) to-do lists. I am learning to ski and I love tubing! When I'm off the water I love playing a good game of beach volleyball. 
Photos taken by Modern Pixel Photography,
-MAD Team